Okay, photography basics. This section covers groundwork stuff, mostly:
- What kind of photographer do you want to be? (And I don’t mean pro, amateur or dabbler – I’m talking about styles of photography, like Nature, Studio, Animal, Landscape, Night Sky. That’s way more fun to talk about!)
- Which camera might be best for you?
- Bottom line, what equipment is really necessary?
- Understanding how the camera works off the “Auto” setting
- Getting to know your owner’s manual
- ISO – what does it mean?
- Shutter Priority
- Aperture Priority
- Full Manual (OOOH!!)
- Composition (And seriously, you could study this until the end of time and still not know all about it – how cool is that?)
- And whatever else occurs to fertile imaginations!
So read on! Enjoy! Make comments and suggestions, and share YOUR favorite photographic stories!
Exciting day today! Crawling out of bed and checking the weather in Red Wing, it was already above freezing and ...